Friday, April 20, 2012

Action 066: Take the Losses.

I've only lost .8 this week. Yes, I've been sick and have to down some coca cola ate at night due to upset tummy. But I'm still disappointed in this loss.

It's weird. I would tell a friend to be happy that it is a loss, that a pound a week is great, that slow and steady wins the race to keep the weight off.

Then the nasty voice in my head retorts: it's not enough of a loss, that a pound a week is crap at my weight, that there is no winning any kind of race if the fat won't go away.

I'm not really entirely certain how to change the litany in my head. I'm not really sure how to be happy that a loss is a loss and how to continue to improve healthy habits, regardless of what the scale is telling me.

So tonightbim working to be happy that a loss is a loss and to accept it for what it is, down numbers on a scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment