Saturday, April 28, 2012

Action 011: Pre-Race Day

Tomorrow I have an 8K in Virginia.  I'm going to spend the night with my friend who lives in the town where the race is being held.  Clearly, this is why I'm doing the race there in the first place.  And oddly enough, her husband actually happens to be out of town this evening, not planned for this specific weekend for the reason of me being there.  Clearly, this was meant to happen.  All week it looked like rain tomorrow morning, but now... maybe not!  So it looks like I'll be running.

So today, this means packing up my race gear.  If I don't have it, I don't run with it.

Shoes.  Socks.  Pants because it'll be cold.  Wicking shirt.  Wicking topper.  Hat (because I'll burn even if it's overcast).  Watch.  Fuel belt.  Fuel.  Inhaler.  Underoos.  Sunblock.  Deodorant.  Body Glide.

Ok, I think I'm ready to rock 'n' roll!  I've been sick, so it won't be my best run ever, but it will be my first race at a length longer than a 5K.  So that's pretty cool.  I have a half marathon June 2nd, so this is a good part way there race to do.

Once the half is done, I'm going to keep saving and spending money on random races throughout the year.  (Marathon update to come).  5K's, 8K's, 10K's, and halfs will be on the books.  Just to keep myself rolling and running.  I find, when I'm actually consistent in my running, I'm healthier in everything else too. 

It's weird.  I really don't like to run all that much.  But, moreso than any other exercise, I actually keep to eating better and strength training when I'm doing the runs.  These last two weeks have been off track due to sickness (it may almost be doctor time at this rate), but still better than I have been in MONTHS.

Regardless, I'm excited!  And to have a friend there for this race is awesome.  I'm super stoked to have that kind of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment