Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Action 001: Re-Think the Plan.

Yes, it may seem as if I'm starting over, but rather, I'm re-thinking the plan.

I made one massive error when deciding to take on this project after a man I consider quite cool... he's sooooo cool that he has way more of a life than me and way more to write about.

Don't worry - this is not me insulting myself.  Rather, my life is very much so spent in a very large monotony.  At some point this will change, but not right now.  Why you ask?  Because my days are spent with kiddos, packing, and looking for a job.  No joke.  There is really so very little I can afford to add to these days right now.  So I think I will save this expanded project of Project One Five for when I'm able to participate more fully in a life outside of my own little world.

But!!!  This does not mean I am allowed to quit or anything of the sort.  Rather, I'm just going to shift the goals a teeny tiny bit.  You see, I loved the fact I was blogging every single day.  It kept me accountable and made me feel good that I was sharing this journey with you.  But struggling to come up with five whole DIFFERENT actions became ridiculously overwhelming.  At first, I admitted defeat.

But NO NO NO.  There is not defeat!  I accepted what is and decided to make this project into one that will work for ME.  I'm proud that I'm able to come to this conclusion with no guilt.  See, guilt would have been my go-to emotion before, because I wasn't "good enough" to finish.  No no no!  That's not what this journey is about.  This journey is about finding what will and will not work for you.  Right now?  Five actions a day, never mind writing about them, will not work.  They simply won't.

So how am I going to go about doing this?

Well.  It's the same project essentially.  100 Days (starting today), 300 Actions.  So it becomes Project One Three.  Which is kind of funny, because 13 is my lucky number.  I've found that I can always write about three things.  Plus, some of the things I've already written about in the 68 actions of the previous project will be written about again, because, well, why not?!  Maybe my thoughts are different or I have more to say.  Who knows.  None the less, it's a clean slate.  I think I'll be far more successful this time around, because the expectations are far less.  Not only the expectation to write a whole lot, but the expectation to have a life.  It may sound weird, but that was just as overwhelming.  I felt bad that I didn't have the kind of life I used to or the kind of life others have.  There's no need to feel that way.  I'm in a place right now where I have to stay the course and get things done, remain focused on the goal.  There is certainly time for other things, but not so many that I have to stress about it.  I lose my job really relatively soon and have too move.  I really really really do not want to have to move back to California, so a job and a place to live within the next few months are imperative.  If this means stepping back some from an outside life, then that's what it means.

So Project One Three to commence!  I'm excited for this.  Totally rejuvenated.

No comments:

Post a Comment