Thursday, April 5, 2012

Action 041: Focus.

There are times when having an open ending... anything... is worthwhile.  There are other times when it is probably not.

Sitting here today, thinking about what else I can do to get a decent job, I realized that all of the web sites I'm on (Monster, Washington Post, LinkedIn) had a divergent notation of either education or public/media relations.

At this point, education is a moot career.  Someday down the line, great, it will be wonderful.  But right now, due to an insane amount of glitches, it's just not feasible.  So what is my option?  Go back to what I know and what I have experience in.  No, no, not get another degree.

Public and Media Relations.

So I went on all of these web sites and spent a copious amount of time updating my information and what search terms I want used in conjunction with my name.  Instead of half PR related and half education related, everything is now in conjunction with PR.

I have to believe I'm doing what I can to make this happen, now that I've committed to this route.  I've sent out bounteous e-mails today and will continue to research PR firms in this area that might be interested in my past experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment