Sunday, April 1, 2012

Action 031: Try New Things.

Today, I went to a new church with a friend.  He asked I attend with him, so I figured, why not?  I attend a church near me fairly regularly, but I'm not going to be the reason for someone else to not go to church :P.  Especially when someone feels the need.

It was definitely an interesting experience.  I really enjoyed the Pastor because he was academic and shared intelligence past the Bible.  I would definitely consider going to this church again, except... I'm Lutheran and not Episcopalian and I know from experience, I tend to feel like I'm cheating on my passed away grandmother when I go to a church not of the faith I was raised in, or the one of our family's traditions hearkening back more years than I can even begin to guess.

But it's definitely a church I'll go along with at various times, just to see what this Pastor has to say about things.  I'm not sure I loved the traditional service, which goes for any denomination.  I much more enjoy contemporary services, so that will also take part in my decision to stay where I'm at.  But still!  It was an enjoyable experience to try a new place of worship and find that I enjoyed what the Pastor had to say, even if the traditionalism was a bit restrictive for me.  I found something new to take part in when the feeling arises to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment