Friday, April 20, 2012

Action 065: Research.

Weight Watchers is a mix bag for me. I'm doing better at utilizing what the program has to offer, but I'm just not all there yet. And so I finally sat down with myself to think about whether or not it'll be able to be all there with this program.

The answer is... I'm still not sure. Like, really not sure. Which is probably problematic in and of itself. I'm not sure the points program is ultimately going to work for me. Then again, calorie counting has proven itself to not work for me. So, what else is left? Hhhmmmm. Winging it? I'm pretty sure that could also lead to bad results.

I did find an interesting web site that has a mix of personal training and nutrition. I seriously considered making a switch, but ensured to do what I do best first... Research. And through this research, I found multiple sites that offered pros and cons for this particular web site. The pros sounded great. The cons didn't sound terrible for some people, but I just didn't think they would work for me. It would be much too easy to make the excuses I am so accustomed to making.

So it's back to the drawing board. I'm going to keep WW up for the time being. I like the meetings and the weekly weigh in accountability is fantastic. For those two things alone, it's worth the money to me... Until I decide there's something better.

I am thinking this week I might do a little experiment. I might do the free for all thing. I can buy what I believe I need and eat what I want, provided it is from the grocery store and I get in my five to eit freggies per day. Beyond that, I know a whole lot about food and nutrition. I just haven't put that knowledge to use. I'll still track the food and religiously. Not to make sure I'm in point range, but simply to keep track. Let's see what happens when I wing it a little. It can't be any worse than outright failing a program because I don't strictly adhere to its system.

No comments:

Post a Comment