Saturday, April 7, 2012

Action 051: Make Relevant Correlations.

Today at the Weight Watchers meeting, the leader made an absolutely fascinating correlation.

It started when he asked the group what are things we do when we've totally fallen off the wagon. I raised my hand and mentioned that I hold myself accountable, that I get on the scale regardless of what's about to come.

Wayne, the leader, notes that losing weight is like "The Wizard of Oz". My first reaction was less than impressed. What's a bimbo from Kansas with a dog got to do with this?!

He mentions that Dorothy makes this journey, through Munchkinland, through fields, through the woods before she makes it to Oz. she turns an hour glass, but that doesn't take her home. Weight loss is much like this, a circuitous journey, and one we often give up. But! Remember, Dorothy had the ability the entire time to get home, if she had simply clicked her heels. WW are the heels. We have them at all times, it's simply up to us how and when we use it.

I have been less than accountable to WW. Yes, I weigh in religiously every week, but I have yet to recently utilize the program itself.

So this was a fascinating correlation for me, especially since it was something that I expected to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment