Saturday, April 28, 2012

Action 010: My Mommy.

So this morning I was driving around, thinking I want to talk to my mom.  I'd already been for my walk and was onto some errands.

But mama's 3,000 miles away (give or take), so there's no talking to mom early in the morning like I can during the week if I so wish.

In a year, maybe two, my folks are moving out to where I am (from California to somewhere on the East Coast).  We've always said we don't want to live next door, but within an hour would be nice.  Max 90 or so minutes, because, otherwise, what's the point in moving out here to be near me?  (If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm an only child).

I'm starting to think maybe I need to move closer to water, so when my parents move out here, they'll be by the water (my dad's only request if he has to move to the "f-bomb cold").  Because as I was walking I was thinking how nice it would be if mama and I could walk to Starbs together, grab some coffee, and walk home (to whoever's home).  But if we're too far apart, that even becomes a chore!  So I'm starting to think we can't be all that far apart.

Yeah... I'm officially old enough to admit that mommy's being around are good things.  None of this blowing off mom in public stuff kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment