Thursday, April 12, 2012

Action 058: Make Challenges.

I wrote a blog just a few days ago about doing it with friends. Not THAT it. Heads out of the gutter my beloved followers.

My "it" right now is this whole getting healthier journey. One of the people working hard on this journey with me is my wonderful friend Christine. She's also working to lose weight and get healthier, albeit for different immediate reasons than I.

None the less, we went to Weight Watchers together over the weekend and proceeded to have just a insanely fantastic discussion about things we could do, small things.

One of the things that has worked for her in the past has been to do a money challenge with her hubs. So she has decided to bring that challenge back into play. While trying to figure out a challenge for me, it became more complicated. There's really nobody I want to do a money challenge with or want to give my money to if I don't do so well on something. Right now, for as much as intalk about having friends to do things with and support you, it's really still a very individual journey for me in many respects.

So we came up with the "Diamond Quest". I accumulate diamonds for doing certain things and lose them if I don't do certain things or do too much of bad things. We decided to call the "points" diamonds because we already track our food using WW points. Having too many point concepts sliding around makes life really too wacked out. Plus, I'm all for shooting for shiny things! When I accumulate 1,000 diamonds, then I get to buy a treat. The current quest is for a new summer dress (so I better get those dang points before the summer ends!). The next 1,000 diamond quest will be decided at that point in time.

It's just something to hold me accountable and is a way for me to send Christine visual updates on my progress. And the same goes for her to me on her money challenge with her hubs(because, let's get real, he probably doesn't much care about all the visual stuff we teachers do).

Plus, it's fun! And I get to use my creativity. We all know how I like to do that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment