Thursday, April 5, 2012

Action 042: Talk to Friends.

A friend of mine called me, all the way from California.  I was just starting to pack up a box, so I kept right on going while talking.  She's been checking in a whole lot more lately, making sure I'm doing okay with all the insanity that is my life right now.

It was a nice call, where I explained exactly what's up on the job front and what I'm doing to move forward in other and fairly interesting ways.

Regardless, she's known be for a whole long time (think about 15 years... holy crap we got old...) and it's just nice to have someone who knows how you think get what you're saying.  Some of what I'm doing these days is a funky logic and some of my friends out here just don't quite get it, because it's not looking long term enough.  But Lo?  No, no.  She got it.  It may not work for everybody, but it's what will work for me, especially these days.

I'm of the opinion we should run away to an island, open a bar (The BFF Shack) and play nothing but songs by and with Jimmy Buffet.  I'm pretty sure she'd be down with this plan - we just need the funding.

Who's in?!

No comments:

Post a Comment