Thursday, April 26, 2012

Action 004: Don't Do the Math.

This blog is more of a warning to the future me than anything. Before I explain the blog, and how I came to be thinking about it, let me state my warning to my future self who will inevitably read this.

DO NOT CALCULATE WHAT YOU OWE. And how long it will take you to pay it off. Just know it ain't gonna be anytime soon. Enough said.

Now, STOP reading future Morgan.

Ok.  Now.  Moving on...

For whatever reason, I decided to do some math today. I know how much I spend a month, not including insurance and school loans (do not need to pay them yet). So then I decided to pretend I have a big girl job and calculate how much a month I could put toward school loans if I had said job. I then decided this math was getting way too complicated, so let's just round way up and know I'll need to add to a few years to how long it will take me to pay off the school loans.

The answer? 12 plus years!!!

And this is including dingbat me forgetting to calculate some remote percentage for interest. This doesn't include whether or not I ever intend to add to my monthly bills in the form of a house instead of rent or children.

Um, maybe I should go study and find a way to genetically alter pigs so they will fly. I'm pretty sure this will happen first.

Or maybe I should find a way to develop World Peace. Because, again, I'm pretty sure this will happen first.

Or or or find a way to re-route flatulence so that it can provide energy and halt the progression of global warming. This will probably happen quickest now that I think about it.

So a word from the wise, sometimes being totally in the dark is a realllllly good thing. Plans are not always necessary when this is the kind of knuckle punch one takes. I have always loved rather expensive things and enjoy the finer things in life, not learning to budget money until really rather recently. Apparently this has caught up with me by not even, for a second, considering what I would be doing to myself in the long-term by going for two expensive, private school degrees back to back.

Good job expensive Morgan, good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment