Sunday, April 1, 2012

Action 033: Be Selfless.

These days, it's way to forget that other people have problems too. It's easy to just worry about me and not have to worry about anybody else. It's easy to just roll through my day and tell myself I'll catch up with people some other time.

I had dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a while and it became easy to see I've had my head up my ass. Don't worry, I had company, she said the same of herself... Although not in so many words. (And yes, she'll read this blog and not only not be insulted, but laugh and agree... See why we're friends?).

It's not so easy to catch up. It's not so easy to realize you haven't been the best of friends. It's not so easy to figure out how you're going to be better, because what was once secod nature, no longer is.

I can't do everything at once and I can't fix everything at once, but maybe I could be a tiny bit better at minimally keeping up with one or two people to start and working my way back to my usual... Even if slowly... A speed I've never been good at understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment