Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Action 055: Live for Today

Lately, I've been feeling like an absolute failure.  My life isn't even remotely where I ever wanted it to be.  While some of the paths of the future goals have been interesting, I also haven't even begun to hit those goals yet.  I'm at an absolute standstill when it comes to that and so I have to change my thinking for the time being.

I'm a fan of not only having a goal, but having future wants (for instance, I know for a fact I want kids, plural, and I don't want to be 90 when I have them).  But, because I'm not in line to make these future wants happen, I'm feeling like a failure.

So instead, I'm going to live for today.  Every day is a new day and there is no future for me to worry about.

I'm not going to learn to cook healthier so I can cook for my future family.  No no, I'm going to learn to cook healthier and get into the habit of eating healthier so I can be healthier and fitter.

I'm not going to immediately try to find work in Education because that's what I have a degree in and that degree is rapidly becoming a waste of money also.  No no, I'm going to look for work in what I know, so that I can pay the rent and food bills.  Oh, and those pesky student loans for those delightful pieces of paper that hang on the wall.

Things like this are going to become my trade.  I'm a firm believer that our past helps to build who we are, but for right now, even that is going to become a moot point.  I'm certainly not suggesting that I'll forever forget the past or the future, just putting my thinking a whole lot more in the moment until such time I'm actually able to do some things on my own without assistance.  Because feeling like a failure?  Isn't working.  It isn't conducive to building a healthy lifestyle and only provides fuel to live UN-healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment