Sunday, April 1, 2012

Action 030: Make Expectations Reasonable.

I have a terrible habit of expecting too much of myself and feeling a complete and utter failure when I can't live up to these expectations. See, when I started this project, absolutely I would write about my five actions as soon as they occurred throughout the day.

Yesterday was a darn tootin' good example of sometimes, that just isn't going to happen.

I had already forgotten the purpose of this project for me; the purpose being to be more aware, not just to slide through my days, waiting for the next time I could go to sleep and get away from all of this. Was I more aware yesterday? Yes. Each blog I wrote this morning, actions 27-30, are from observations and awarenesses of yesterday. They were moments I thought about yesterday, telling myself that I must share. So I did exactly what I set out to do... Yet I felt like a failure because I didn't do it perfectly.

It's not about perfection, but about making it work. I noted in the last blog that I seriously need to be better about balance and this is another prime example of that. Ultimately, I also need to be more effective at creating expectations for myself, ones that I might actually have some chance of succeeding at.

No comments:

Post a Comment