Sunday, April 29, 2012

Action 015: Run a New Race.

Today I ran my first 8K. This translates to 5 miles. I've signed up for longer races than 5k's before, but for whatever reason, haven't been able to run them. This time... I did it!!! Granted, I had desperately hoped for rain, or tripping and falling or who knows what so aaww shucks, I can't run. Lo and behold, none of these things happened and I ran. It was a little hillier than I anticipated and I started off the block (so to speak) a little too fast. None the less, I came in a full six minutes before I anticipated coming in. Even though I may or may not have gotten my butt kicked by four walkers. Ssshhh, don't tell!!! I also even ran the final mile! I know it doesn't seem like much to those who do the long distances and it is certainly slow, but each time I finish, I'm reminded I can actually do this. I can succeed if I just get out there and give it my best shot. I'll post some pictures tomorrow as I don't much feel like dealing with the cranky computer tonight. And the same warning goes for this blog as the last, if the formatting is funky, don't blame me, blame the technological "goods".

No comments:

Post a Comment