Monday, April 30, 2012

Action 017: Modify.

Sometimes a well thought out plan must be modified to suit your needs and purposes.

I'm using the basis of a five day diet to help me crank up the fire and get moving, both to get into the white dress and just plain to get moving.

But there were a few problems with the plan.  Not each day had 1,200 calories, just under.  Pretty much all studies have shown that a female body needs at least 1,200 calories a day to be healthy and successfully burn fat.  Too few calories and the body could go into starvation mode.  Granted, the meal plan wasn't far under 1,200, but still... I'm not doing this "just" to get thin or whatever, but to be healthy and simply get my butt in gear.  So I added a few cals to each day.

And another problem with the plan... It assumed you'd be doing the exercise plan that comes with it... Which I'm not.  I'm doing a whole lot more cardio and bringing in the toning on top of that.  What this means is I need more protein to withstand the amount of output I'm doing.  I need to provide sustenance to my muscles, in order to help them grow stronger.

So... Modify.  Make it work for you, while still be healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment