Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 25


Do you ever eat fast food?  How does it make you feel?

Rarely anymore, especially since I used to eat it all.the.time.  When I do it now, I feel all sneaky and shiz and then… I feel (1) guilty because I was “sneaky” about it (who I’m sneaking it from considering I live alone… don’t ask, I never said I was normal) and then (2) tummy upset because I so rarely eat that crap anymore.  Suffice it to say, it’s generally just not worth it.

I say generally.  Because every so often, that burger and those fries… On those days, I accept what I have put in my mouth and workout like a fiend.  That won’t work every single time, but when I do it… Plus, I’ve changed how I eat my fast food.  I’ll go to Five Guys instead of Mickey D’s for example.  A few bucks more, but definitely a better taste and a better result.  So while it’s not “perfect”, it’s doable and it becomes one of my “out” meals where I go into feeling good.  I.e. we lose the guilt portion of the above notations.  So, that also helps.  If I’m going to eat out, I might as well make it good and take advantage.

Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.  ~World Health Organization, 1948





(Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders - always stretch peoples!)

No comments:

Post a Comment