Monday, November 28, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 23

Do you feel that your weight holds you back socially?

Dang man.  What’s with the hard questions???  I hope there are some easier ones coming up.  (Yes, I jacked and re-wrote a bunch, but I don’t remember the order.  I do this specifically so y’all get how I’m feeling the day off, not how I felt three billion years ago :P).

Once upon a time, I would have said no.  These days, I’m going to say yes-ish.  It’s been a long couple of years and I’ve been beaten down, emotionally, a lot.  Whether it’s intellectually with school, or weight-wise and more with the boy, it’s just been a long few years.  Now that I’m officially unemployed, it’s just that much worse.  So, yeah, weight does add into all of it.  A huge part of this journey is to gain back a lot of the self-confidence I’ve lost over the last few years, which does certainly get aided by weight loss, because that just makes for one really good day.  I’m good at putting on a show, so do outside people generally see the lack of self-confidence?  Nope!  I do know how to fake it until I make it, so I do have that going for me.  It will be interesting to see how I rock my own little world when I get fit and healthy.  I’m pretty pleased with the trajectory at the moment, so here’s to keeping that up.

“If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” ~ Thomas Jefferson


No comments:

Post a Comment