Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Anti-Gain Train: Week 3

It's a holiday week! If you joined in on the kicking an unhealthy habit to the curb, how did it go? I have an idea! Do it for another week! Now, this upcoming suggestion for your week is going to be a buttkicker. For those of you who live stateside, you know how much food is consumed on the day of Thanksgiving alone, which always somehow turns into an entire weekend of food for most people (you can't just throw away those leftovers, now can you?!) So, think of some strategies for this week. How can you indulge just a little bit less this year? Or how can you up your activity? What can you do to make this a healthier holiday than it was last year? (Note: I did not say it had to be a perfectly healthy holiday, have and enjoy your pie please! Just how to make it overall healthier).

Luckily, I can't stand pie. Luckily, I can't stand most Thanksgiving Day classic foods. I know, I know, I am SO un-American. Ssshhh!!! But this is also birthday week for me, which means a whole lot of eating out. So here's my plan. I'm going to look up the foods of the restaurants I will be going to and track ahead of time what I'll be eating - including adjusting my eating for the rest of that day. I'm going to go for a run everyday (even on days like today that are rainy - I'll just get to the gym and get a tready deal in). I generally don't run everyday, but I also generally don't have a beach nearby! Also, mom and I started a tradition last year - a registered holiday walk! So we're going to do an early morning 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy




No comments:

Post a Comment