Sunday, November 13, 2011

Holiday Anti-Gain Train: Week 2

Hello!!!

For those of you who may not know what's up with this... there was some study somewhere that said many folks gain between 12-20 pounds during the holiday season (i.e. between Halloween and Christmas, although I'd extend that to New Year's as well). So the purpose of this motivational tool is to NOT be a gainer! I write some sort of question daily (no, I cannot take credit for them, still tracking down who can!) and my answer as well. They are sometimes easy, sometimes hard, but have to do with a weight-loss journey. Answer on the blog, write your own, whatever! But join in the fun!!! Checking in daily does have its benefits!

This blog is going to have a little extra, for those of you who might need this little bit extra each week. If daily checking in is working for you, keep it up! I do know that some people are looking for a tiny bit extra, so I’ll provide that here as well. Please don’t feel like you NEED to do this, just if you want or need the extra challenge or boost.

Week 2: This is for those of you who need a little extra motivation this week, in preparation for a holiday week. Join in this little weekly mini challenge! Pick one unhealthy habit you have and aim to go seven days without doing it. You can make a chart and check it off, check in daily on your own blog, check in on my daily blogs, or drop me a note! Somehow make it known though and constantly remind yourself that this is a one week goal to get yourself up and running.

I have a funky week this week of traveling and the like. So my one unhealthy habit is snacking on crappy food. How am I going to circumvent doing this, especially while traveling? I’m going to carry dried fruits (low in sugars clearly or as little processed as possible), apples, nuts, and Weight Watchers bars for a little sweetness (while processed, has more fiber than junky chocolates and the like).

Motivational Quote of the Week: I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do ~ Helen Keller

Fitspo of the Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment