Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 24


Is losing weight (maintaining) one of your top priorities in life?  Why/why not?

Losing weight, as a byproduct of being healthy, is a top priority in my life at this point.  That and finding a job.  Since being unemployed sucks.  Which I’ve been all of one day, so I guess I don’t have much room to speak.

Back to the point!  Yes, it is.  I mean, I don’t live and die by the scale, but for the time being, the scale does have a place.  There’s no getting around the fact that I’m heavy.  Really heavy.  I was 7, count them, 7 pounds away from being morbidly obese at my heaviest.  Well, I could have been those seven pounds up, I just didn’t get on a scale back then.  So, to get healthier is automatically going to translate, even if slowly, into a downward trend on the scale.  My goal is to get into a healthy weight range for my height, which shows in many different graphs as anywhere from 111-147 pounds.  So clearly, I have a wide scale that I can utilize to my advantage.  I want to be squarely in that scale and nowhere near the bottom number.  So here’s to making that actually happen!

“Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can.”  ~ Unknown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment