Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 10

What were your eating habits like growing up?

My eating habits growing up are not something I totally and fully remember.  I do remember eating fruits, remember hating vegetables, and there were quite a few nights eaten out.  I’ve always been a carbs lover and that has never not gotten me into trouble.  I’ve always been the person to oversauce everything and shovel food down like no tomorrow.  My folks were always telling me that there was nowhere I needed to be, that I wasn’t dying, so I needed to put down the fork and chew, otherwise I’d probably choke.  Habits, sadly, I still have and really need to spend some time working on.  Even more than what I put in my mouth these days, it’s how I put it in my mouth.

“It is not flesh and blood, but the heart that makes us fathers and sons.”  ~ Johann Schiller (I’d also like to add in mothers and daughters and brothers and sisters… ppssshhh ;))

(Baby Blues Comic - babyblues.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment