Friday, November 11, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 6

Have you ever been overweight or underweight?

I have been overweight for all of my life.  The “skinniest” I ever have been is when I was in high school.  I was a varsity swimmer and threw up every five seconds because of stress.  So I lost a buttload of weight.  Even then I thought I was fat.  And I suppose, in my own head I was, mainly because I am truly just THAT built.  I was a size 6 on the bottom and a 12/14 on top.  To say I’m wide is an understatement :P.  Built like an linebacker might be more apropos.  I love my body shape itself now and can appreciate what having this structure does for me, but my love for it was not quite as big back then.  No, that’s wrong.  More that I didn’t understand there’s skinny and there’s fit.  Can a person be skinny and fit?  Sure.  Can a person have a load of fat and be fit?  Sure.  But I didn’t see fit as a form of smaller than fat if that makes sense.  But now?  I have no need to be “skinny”, nor is it particularly possible, so I guess that’s a good thing!  :P  So here’s to getting fit and healthy.

“Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.” ~ Hans Selye







Check-In: I weigh in on Fridays generally (sometimes Saturdays if my Fridays are nuts).  Four down, which puts me "officially" under 200, i.e. based on the WW scale, which is my official.  I really cannot ask for better than this considering it still hasn't been the best food week and minimal working out.  But tonight a run on the tready and tomorrow morning back outside!  Going to go for a five mile run.  Whoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment