Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kickboxing WIN

Once many moons ago (read about two years ago), I did kickboxing for all of a month before I killed my ankle.  I also learned then to NEVER sign up for a really expensive gym longer than a few months.  Cause that was an utter fail and a huge loss of money.  Anyways, so that was then.

I saw a groupon for the same gym, but in the town I now live in (which is different than the town I lived in back when).  I signed up for it.  I realized yesterday that I had to sign up, ha, yesterday.  So at 6pm, I hauled my patootie off the couch and hit the gym to sign up.  Then came home and watched Biggest Loser (Oh, how I love thee makeover show... I would like a makeover after losing 75 pounds!).

Today was the first day I went.  I went at noon and was a few minutes late because dumbo me forgot her inhaler.  (1) I'm still getting used to that sucker.  (2) It wasn't out like normal, so I forgot to grab it.  I really only need it when I workout, so psssh.  So I go in figuring I'll enjoy this for a month and then whatever.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I NEED to find a job, just so I can pay the disgustingly high price of a monthly membership at this joint.  Why you ask?

Because it rocked!  Because I rocked!  More than halfway through the class, the instructor (more on him in a moment) finally came over to offer a word of advice.  He'd been to EVERYBODY else (maybe 10 people) at least twice, so I was wondering if I smelled or he just doesn't like newbies or SOMETHING.  Nope!  It was all because I was doing it RIGHT.

Then we did these kicks.  You have to have really good balance, swing your body around, then roundhouse.  I don't know what they're called, I couldn't hear all that well over the music :P.  Whatever it is, it was awesome.  He came over, watched me, and said, "look at you being all perfect for your first time." 

THEN, we were doing various rounds of punching, kicking, whatever.  The final round was your choice, just bust it out.  He called me out to the main floor and had me do various routines with him on him, you know, where he's holding the arm pads.  Oh my gosh!  So cool!  All the people working there complimented me when I walked out.  AWESOME.

So here I was thinking my fat a$$ has really gotten out of shape, but apparently not so bad that I can't keep up on the crunches AND the balance.  Let's not discuss the warm-up though... I about DIED.

And then there's my instructor.  Dude was cute.  Normally not even remotely my type.  Why isn't he?  He has dreds.  I'm just not a fan of those things and this is coming from a girl who went to Berkeley, read: hippieville, usa.  But this dude... and he was barefoot and bouncing around and his muscle control... mmmmm, yummy.  Just had to toss that out there.

Anyways, so it was awesome.  I'm going to take "before" pictures for this month in a few minutes.  I'm going to be missing 9 days of boxing while I'm in California, but I'll be packing my gloves and making it happen regardless.  So, yeah.  Rejuvenated to the max!  I'll be interested to see how my pics look on December 31st after a month of rocking the boxing/kickboxing and running.  Seriously though, must. find. job.  I really want to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment