Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Anti-Train: Day 19

For many people, today is about giving thanks.  I’m going to add a caveat to that question for this particular blogging chain.  What are three things you give thanks for in terms of your body/health?  Who are you thankful for being so supportive of this journey for you?  What are you going to do today to show your thanks for yourself?

Happy Thanksgiving!  Also…It’s birthday day!!!  Luckily I can’t stand Thanksgiving Day food, so dodged a bullet on that one!  Except there are birthday cupcakes… this could either end really well or really not well…  Last night was a big celebration for the birthday with friends and ho boy.  Lots of food ingested last night.  I’ll be gulping down on the ol’ water today!  I kept it to only one drink though, so yay to that.

Ok, onto the question.

Three things that I give thanks for in regards to my health are: my strong legs to get me through, my quick thinking and large brain to hold all sorts of information, and my core for holding me upright.  I’m going to add one more.  I’m hearing impaired, but I give thanks for the hearing I do have, so that I can listen to music when I workout.

My parents have always been uber supportive, helping out with WW payments and weight rewards.  Kerry has also been uber supportive in always encouraging me to go to the gym and to work to get healthier in mind and boy.

And today I’m going to do a solid workout to remind myself that it’s not all about eating and gluttony, but about finding a balance.

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say ‘thank you’?  ~ William A. Ward

(everydayhealth.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment