Saturday, March 31, 2012

Action 026: The Scale Does Not Define Me.

This morning I was ridiculously excited to step on the scale. I've had a solid week, yesterday's weigh in was good, and I had a fantastic workout day and solid nutrition day yesterday.

I was UP from yesterday's weight. Seriously, so beyond annoyed.

I had to give myself a pep talk, telling myself the the big picture is that I'm down at my "official" weigh in at WeightWatchers. I told myself that my body will SHOW the changes I've made this week working out and eating even a little better.

As I sit here in my WW meeting, yes I'm typing in the meeting that's about fiber, I realized that there was just no need to feel that way this morning. Yes, the scale will reflect the changes I'm making... Eventually. I weigh enough that the scale is a necessity right now, at least for me. But some weeks I'm going to have a fantastic scale reading and others I won't. As long as I can see the benefits, including in measurements, then it's going to be ok.

I just need to remember that the scale is a tool, but not a part of my definition. It doesn't define me.

No comments:

Post a Comment