Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Action 009: Give Credit.

The man who inspired me in the first place gave me a shout out in one of his actions today.  It occurred to me I haven't explained why I decided to call my project the same as his, when it's not EXACTLY the same.

One: The obvious.  100 Days, 500 Actions.  Regardless of the differences, this part is the same.

Two: There are times when simply giving credit by saying it is enough and other times where doing something to honor that credit is also necessary.  To me, it was important to call it Project One Five as he does because it's a tribute to his ability to inspire and a reminder to me that I'm never alone in anything I do, whether it be weight loss related or something else.  We barely knew each other, he and I, before this started.  I've learned much about him and I feel as though he'll learn much about me before this is "over".  But this titling is more than that for me.  It's a reminder that everybody has battles in their lives, everybody has triumphs in their lives, but at the end of the day we're living it.  It's a reminder to stay present, to stay active in all aspects of my life, and to live to the best of my ability.

I felt it important to explain because I don't want it to seem as though I was being lazy and just didn't want to think of my own project or project title (although, I would fully cop to it if that were the case!  I've been known to have a lazy moment or two...).  But, in this case, it's not even remotely it.  I thought long and hard before deciding to undertake this project if I wanted to do it differently.  Maybe a shorter period of time?  Maybe fewer actions a day?  Maybe call it something different?  Maybe add a challenge aspect?

Then I realized I didn't want to do any of those things.  My actions are going to be different because my life is different.  But the root of this?  The purpose of this?  Very much so similar to SDJ's.  I want to honor and respect that similarity, reminding myself that for all our differences, there is also so much in common.

So thanks John.

No comments:

Post a Comment