Friday, March 30, 2012

Action 022: Fuel Properly.

When training for the marathon last year, with a team, it was beat into our heads to fuel properly during the runs and in the surrounding meals/snacks.

I have lots and lots and lots of fuel for runs... and didn't even eat during my six miles.  Anything over 45 minutes should be fueled and I'm a slow runner, so there's definitely some need for fuel in my house.  Luckily, I did have some electrolytes on me and that I did fuel up on.

I'm still working on fueling properly outside of the runs.  I'm not always sure exactly what I need when, so will definitely need to spend some time researching how and what I should be eating and when.

I know how to fuel during runs, even if I don't always do the best job about it.  Today, for example.  Luckily, it was a short enough run that I'll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment