Thursday, March 29, 2012

Action 018: See Family.

Today I had the opportunity to visit with my version of family.  There is a young lady I call my younger sister, whom I've known since I was in the seventh grade.  We're generally the same age, but since I'm that tiny bit older... *sigh*.  Her family is incredibly supportive of me and I'm always thankful I have this extended family that may not be blood, but they couldn't be stronger of heart.

We stopped at Sephora where I treated myself to a new lip gloss.  In purple!  Talk about stepping outside of my boundaries.  I'm sure there'll be a blog/action about that at some point!  Maybe not in this exact respect, but in general.  She also bought something and so we both ended up with a freebie gift - who doesn't love such things?!

Then we stopped by the running store (more on that later) and she ended up buying some Nuun, an electrolyte to add to your drink.  As she's a med student and heading into her surgery rotation, she's going to need some extra energy help!  I drink the stuff on my runs, so I'm all for it!

Last, but not least, we stopped by Whole Foods for a little din din.  Tonight was the Friendship Heights Whole Food's prime rib dinner night, where you get prime rib and two sides for 14 bucks.  Can't complain about that!  I also got some of WF's egg salad because they make it the way I like it and I'm going to try it out pre run (more on that later also).

Her fiance joined in the dining fun and we all enjoyed a quick meal together, catching up.  It provided a nice, relaxing afternoon, with a departure from the daily stresses that my life is providing me these days.  And hey, can't pass up a yummy dinner with fixed portions!

And those walks to and from metro provided for lots of fun!  I was able to amble along and get down with my bad self.

No comments:

Post a Comment