Friday, March 30, 2012

Action 021: Be Proud.

Today, I inadvertently found a four mile loop.  I was to run six miles and made it to four and stoked that I found a great loop.

I also decided to do hills this run... which I won't be doing for a long run again, I can tell you that!  But the four mile loop... fantastic for a training run.

Now... I'd set out to do six miles.  I was back at my car after four...  What would I have done in the past?  Been done.  What did I do today?

FINISHED!

Wahoo!  I'm super proud of myself.  I actually finished it out and am showing progress in the runs.






I took the pic to show the sweaty and realized just how happy I was about not only finishing, but actually fully finishing the mileage.  I wasn't sure going into it I could do it, but it was like my body just remembered how to do it.

But, again, hills are NOT for my long runs, since I have very few hills on my upcoming races.  I'll save the hills for one of my training runs.  Four miles is a fantastic length and it will be a great way to see how well I'm progressing based on how many hills I can run versus walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment