Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Action 012: Go with the Flow.

I got to the gym and find that all the swimming lanes have people in them.  I was being a diva this morning and just SO did not feel like sharing a lane with someone.

Did I turn my happy arse around, return home, and go back to sleep?  Why, NO, I did NOT!

I did water jogging!  I made up my own whole weird routine that included squats, lunges, jumps, high knees, butt kicks, wall push ups (in the pool), and all sorts of other stuff.  Almost like a soccer routine warm up, but for 45 minutes and in the water.  It was AWESOME.  This has inspired me to try a water aerobics class sometime.  I've always been reluctant to try because I've always seen old bats with floppy boobs in the water (not to say that this happens in every class in every gym, just the few classes in various gyms I've observed) and it kind of creeps me out, but now?  Whatever!  Bring on the old bats and floppy boobs!  Because that?  Was a fun workout.  And if I hadn't swum, my hair would still be mostly dry.  So on days where I want to get in the water, but don't want a wreck of a hairstyle... now I know what I can do!

I'm only three days into this action stuff and I'm just so much more aware of what's going on around me and my own place in my own life.  For all that I had hoped to get out of this, I'm already getting more than I bargained for.  Being aware has so much to do with... well... everything.  Except I'm pretty sure that could be another blog, so I'll save my expounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment