Thursday, March 29, 2012

Action 020: Buy What You Need.

Today was a shopping day.  I got purple lip gloss.  And then the running store...

I went in needing little bottles for liquid for my running belt.  One of them leaks so badly, that the hip it rides on is SOAKED from liquid and not sweat and is quite annoying.

I ended up with three bottles of Nuun (an electrolyte powder for water), a goo, and a pack of three of the bottles with the tops I prefer, so that was actually quite good.

I didn't quite need ALL of that, but it lasts forever (or by the time I'll use it), so I do need it... at some point.  At first I felt a bit guilty about buying quite so much, but then I realized... I will use it.  I'm committed to re-training for the marathon and training for the half.  I'm in the pool, I'm strength training again using my body weight, and now getting the runs in.  Fuel is necessary for long runs, anything more than three miles for me.

Sometimes, certain things are a necessity.  In order to stay healthy, fuel is necessary.  So no more guilt and excitement for the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment