Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Action 010: Be Assertive.

Tonight, I went to the Tuesday Night Church dinner at my new church.  I haven't "officially" joined, but I've been going pretty consistently.  I ended up staying for the mini meeting post dinner, which turned out to be quite interesting.  More on that after a note about dinner...

Dinner: It was chili cookout night!  So there were about nine chilis and oh man.  I sampled about five of them.  I'd love to say they were small samples, but... uh... not so much...  I'm going to have some wicked heartburn, but for homemade chili of all kinds of varieties?  So worth it.  And this must be said... This is one of those nights that it's probably good I'm single and living alone.  Remember... chili has beans...

Moving on!

Mini Meeting: One of the things the folks at the meeting brought up was that there should be some welcoming material for newbies, so they walk away with expanded information about the church and what they do.  One lady mentioned that it can be intimidating to walk into a church alone, that there should be a welcome something or other.  I thought back to a month or so ago, when I walked in and they're absolutely right.  It can be a little nerve-wracking.  So I spoke up and mentioned that not only is paper good, but emails.  Folks like me lose paper (I got a laugh at that one!) and so emails are useful.

It occurred to me tonight that I have a tendency to just go balls out and do my own thing.  I'm not intimidated by much and even if I am, I tend to just go do it anyways.  I'm just an assertive kind of gal and I tend to take that for granted.  Tonight I saw how useful this quality can be and how able it makes me to do things in my life as I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment