Thursday, March 29, 2012

Action 019: Prepare for Tomorrow.

Tonight, I got everything together I'd need for my six mile run tomorrow.  It's certainly not the longest I've ever done, but it's the longest I've done in a long while and I'm not 100% sure my body is entirely ready for it.  Whenever I have to stop running and walk the rest of it, I will.  But, part of the way I can prepare is getting all of my stuff ready tonight for the morning.

Oatmeal has been found to give me heartburn pre run.  Cereal doesn't digest fast enough.  I'm not 100% decided on trying peanut butter on bread (a suggestion).  So I'm going to try egg salad purchased at Whole Foods on a piece of bread, see how that goes.  There's no better time than these "shorter" runs to try to figure it out.  I have the goods on hand to have a protein shake post run.  Well, not milk, but I do have almond milk, so that will have to do.

I have my pants, sports bra, shirt, socks, and shoes all laid out and ready to roll.  My sunblock, body glide, and deodorant are all sitting on the dresser.  Oh!  Time to go find my hat!  My watch for timing is ready and my phone is charging for the music and mapping the run.  The only disappointment is I can't find the charger for the watch for my proper timing and ease of knowing how far out I've gone (three out and three back).  I know where I'm running tomorrow, so that's a bright side.  I just don't know what three miles is... guess I'll be finding out!  I'm running in a different spot than usual, so I can train with hills on my long runs.

Just being prepared means I can sleep in a bit more and not have to stress first thing in the morning.  I can just get up and get down to boogie-ing and heading out to get my run in and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment