Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Action 007: Run. No, Seriously. Run.

Today, I went running.  Outside.  For the first time in... MONTHS.





You can't really see my sweaty, red face very well.  Nonetheless... GO ME.  And and and, it was a faster time!  Whoaaaaaa.  Granted, this could just be a first day back and roll with it deal, but hey, I'll take it!

I still have to shave a full minute off my consistent mile time, but for the first time since I started running about this time last year, I believe I can do it.  With the fantastic cross-training of swimming, my breathing is going to be better and my muscles stronger.  I was terrible at cross-training when training for the marathon last year (made it to mile 17 and had to stop due to sickness), so this year, that will be a key component.  Plus, of course, core and strength training.

Sometime later, we'll discuss food.  Ha!

But for now, woot woot!  Bring it!

Now we'll see how a long run really goes... Check in Friday on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment