Saturday, May 5, 2012

Action 031: Be Realistic.

I gained a very small amount of weight between yesterday and today, and I mean less than a half a pound. Yet I find myself disappointed because I gained at all. Plus, my abdomen is all bloated from the food eaten. Now, let's discuss why I shouldn't be disappointed. 1. I'm still 2.6 pounds down for the week. 2. I'm still 2.25 inches down for the week. 3. I ate less pizza than I have in years. 4. I drank less wine than I ever have at the friend's house (one single glass). 5. My cheekbones actually show. 6. I'm having some seriously fantastic runs these days. So, let's get real. I had fantastic days from Monday to Thursday. I had a better day than once upon a time and a fun evening. My mother always said she's lost 60 pounds and wouldn't have been able to do it without her one evening off. Most of the good diet plans and the like call for finding ways to still enjoy yourself. Weight Watchers gives you 49 extra points for the week to use however you so choose, specifically knowing that you still need to live and find pleasure in your life (for those of us still struggling in finding joy in healthy food haha). I lost more than two pounds this week. I'm motivated this week and next week, but I wasn't for the first week and a half or two that the white dress was ordered. So I can work til the cows come home, but the fact is that I'm doing hardcore on two weeks versus three and a half. That makes a difference. And the other fact is, I'm learning, finally, how I can live. I know how to cook every night now. I know how to get my dishes done as I go now. I know how to sit down and actually enjoy the healthy benefits of the food I'm putting in my body. I know how good it feels to workout almost everyday. So this week has truly been beneficial. Plus, my nerdy self is interested to see what happens tomorrow after a good day today. Maybe I just need to change my "pleasure" night to Saturday and not Friday. I know I'm not supposed to weigh in daily. That technique is recommended for maintainers, but not losers and I'm assuming the disappointment I've felt is the reason for that. It's simply not healthy. Don't think I'm not going to weigh in daily though. My self-diagnosed, super mild OCD won't allow for me not to weigh in almost daily and write the weight down in 19 million places. If you've ever seen my lists, and how many I make for the most ridiculous purposes, then you know I make no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment