Thursday, May 3, 2012

Action 025: Dealing with Rejection.

Dealing with rejection is hard, regardless of the circumstances. Male (or female), jobs... Whatever. I spent a year and a half of my life with a man who constantly and consistently rejected me and made me feel inferior. I pulled myself out of that quicksand, but now find myself in a whole new batch of it. This time? It's all about the jobs. Granted, there are some jobs I'm not 100% qualified for, but could potentially fit. Nonetheless, I'm not getting callbacks and I have outright been told no by two companies thus far. It just makes me want to go hide under the covers and not come out. Either that or go stuff my face with some sugar loaded something or other. But that's not how I roll. So it's just keep on trucking and trying to find a way and a means to that way. I have so much experience and so much education and to have all of it mean absolutely nothing right now is discouraging and demeaning. But I can't change any of it, so I have to keep trying to find ways to make it work. And not hide under the covers or stuff my face. (Sorry for the lack of spaces, my phone won't hold spaces for some reason!)

No comments:

Post a Comment