Friday, May 4, 2012

Action 029: Have a Glass of Wine.

I dined at the same friend's house who asked me to take her kid into the nail salon.  We ate early and had a glass of wine, having an adult discussion about said teenage kid.

It was pizza.  I mean, really.  I don't care how good I'm being, but this pizza?  There was no saying no.  I ate WAY less that I used to, so that's a step in the right direction.  I also considered turning down the wine, but you know... Life still has to be lived and enjoyed.  If one glass of wine in a week were to truly throw off an entire week's worth of work, I'd be a little concerned (we won't discuss the potential effects of the pizza haha).

It was truly an interesting and useful conversation, one that will call on me to help her out some more in figuring out how to get inside this kid's head and help him wake up a little bit.  It was a productive and necessary conversation to have, as he isn't getting any younger and high school beckons.  Having a glass of wine really did help this conversation go down smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment