Thursday, May 3, 2012

Action 027: Enjoy the Show.

I was on the phone with a friend when I happened to decide to step out on my porch and enjoy the delightful nighttime weather, when it happened... LIGHTENING!  And then... more lightening!  And more and more and more!

See, in Southern California, things like that just don't happen, certainly not at the beach.  So when it does happen out here, I get ridiculously excited.  My friend laughed a bit at me and was curious as to the "so what?" of the lightening.  But, I just enjoy it because I never had it.  I loved it every summer when I used to visit Iowa.

I actually miss that sometimes.  The lightening and thunderstorms there were just epic, with beautiful purple rays of light stretching to the ground.  It was a delight to watch, with tendrils of fear at the power nature has and her ability to remind you that you are utterly inferior.

Suffice it to say, I enjoyed the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment