Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 1 Weigh-In

So last week was the starting weigh-in, pre-marathon training.

Upshot is: I lost 0 pounds.  I'm not too surprised by this as the eating has gotten better, but it's not all that and a bag of chips... oh wait, chips are part of the problem... ;)

I did, on the other hand, clean out my fridge and cupboards last night.  Tonight I'll be reorganizing the entire kitchen, so starting fresh - literally!

I did lose 5" though.  Yes!!!  In a week!!!  Woohoo!!!  My waist and abdomen both lost an inch all on their own.  Hips lost .5 I think, arms lost .25, thighs lost .5 each... I think.  I'm doing this from memory as I left my little booklet at home.  Weird part?  Gained in the bust.  Um, what?!  I also gained .25 in both calves, but this doesn't surprise me either.  My calf muscles are coming back QUICKLY, I can feel it.  So maybe the muscle is coming back before the fat is sliding off.

So overall, I'm actually really quite pleased.  I haven't been eating great and only got in two runs and a long walk for exercise.  Add in even remotely better eating AND more workouts... then I'll be golden.

I expect next week's results to be AWESOME.  It's all about the consistency and fueling your body in the right ways, so those two components will be added in this coming week.  I got the runs in, so keep on trucking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment