Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Training Day

Today was the first day of training!  I made it... and will have to figure out a better parking situation for the next five billion months.  Because that's how long it takes to train.  Really...

Today was a three mile run to stick you in pace groups.  Something I learned today?  A pace group puts you in a group with a minute above your average mile time.  Interesting!  Another something cool from today?  This team very specifically trains with the run/walk method.  Love!  Yet another awesome something?  I really like my pace group.  We're not first, we're not last, and we're small.  So yay us.

I learned I do not love running on gravel.  I learned that muscle memory is awesome.  I re-learned that abs/core really do keep you upright.  I re-learned why you don't train two days in a row.  I re-learned what inner thigh muscles are.  Clearly, mucho knowledge is making itself known in my puny brain.  Always good times!

I also made an event on facebook in hopes that people will see what I am striving for and support me in this process.  I realized that if 100 people gave $10, then I'd be free and clear and can run the marathon (and keep training).  Let's start working on that 100, shall we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment