Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Training Day

To start, a quote from somebody or other: No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch.

How's that for being slow, but doing it?!

I came home from school today and took a little nap.  Yes, clearly I am still five years old.  And I'm proud of it!  ;).  I woke up and almost went into the thought process I once upon a time had...

"Eeehhh, it's hot out there.  I'm tired.  My sunburn hurts.  I don't feel like it.  I just wanna eat.  I want to read."  So on and so forth.

Today? 

"It's hot out there... Ok, so what?  You'll burn more calories and become fitter."

"I'm tired... You won't be once you get started!"

"I don't feel like it... Well you made a commitment, so suck it up and deal big girl."

"I just wanna eat... And that's just an excuse as you always eat when you're bored.  Do you want to change your life or not?"

"I want to read... You can read, AFTER you run."

"My sunburn hurts..."  Ok, I so did not have a rejoinder to this one.  Can I just say, when you have a solid and massively red sunburn on your chest, the only sports bra that keeps the girls from going on a roller coaster ride, HURTS?

That being said, I did a training run!  I walked down to the path through Rock Creek Park and rocked out 45 minutes.  I'm still a slowpoke, but I'm doing it!  At this point, that is all that really matters.  I felt good, I felt strong, and I felt happy.

I'm not quite sure how I'll ever get through 26.2 miles... I know I can get my body to hold up, but what in the world am I going to think about for more than 5 hours?!  I could barely make it through 45 minutes.  I'm really going to have to work on keeping myself good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment