Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Garmin Forerunner 305

The Garmin Forerunner 305 is my new toy for training!  I invested a few bucks and opted to get a solid toy to play with for running.
What is it you ask???

It is a watch.  But it is soooooo much more than a watch.

It has:

*GPS

*Heart rate monitor

*Five billion tracking things

I used it today and LOVED it.  Everything worked, the timing was awesome, and while the watch itself is kinda big, it's awesome and super easy to see all of your options.

I then put the programming onto my computer and saw my route!!!  Granted, it was off the beaten path, through a park (following a road though, so don't worry, I'm not being dangerous and striking out toooo far on my own!), but the gps caught it all!  So my mileage was accurate and my best guess of heart race, i.e. calorie burn, was also correct.  Can we say COOL?!

I may not have a whole ton of money currently, but this purchase?  Totally worth every single penny.  If you are a biker or runner or both, then this is the watch for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment