Thursday, May 26, 2011

Training Day - Sprints

Today was a sprint workout!  Either Tuesday or Thursday of every week will be a leg/sprint workout, to up my speed overall and my ability to breathe through the faster paces.

10 minute - slow jogging warm-up (my legs are a little sore from strength training yesterday)

4 sets of 20 meters each, split by a 20 meter walk between each one:
     High knees walking
     High knees running
     Skipping
     Crossovers
     Butt kicks

3 sets of 30, 20, 10 meter sprints, split by a walk around for a minute or so after each one.

5 minute - slow jogging cooldown

5 minute - walk

The mileage is clearly not going to be too high for this one and my jogging warm-up could be a teensy bit faster - I blame the legs still hurting from yesterday :P.  Either way, I got out and did it!  That's all that matters at this point in time.

Week 1 of training is officially complete!  Fridays are Rest Days, so I'll do some light yoga to stretch out the poor muscles and let them enjoy life for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment