Saturday, May 28, 2011

Training Day!

4 miles today!

I opted to get up early today and do the run on my own.  Most weekends getting to and from the training site, plus the training time won't be a problem, but today... I have my final paper to write, my final videos to edit, plus a help-out shift at one of my old jobs.  Suffice it to say: it's one of those days where the travel time to and from the site is just not going to cut it.

So I got up at 5:30.  On a Saturday.  I have to think I'm kind of nuts.  Or certifiably insane.  Whatever noun floats your boat.  Either way, I did my run like a good little girl!  Plus a walk warm-up and cooldown that was not included in the 4 miles.

I also paused twice... to take pictures... of wildlife... since such things don't exist in California ;).  Seriously though, there was a deer RIGHT THERE and then later on, a turtle!!!  So cool.

So here's turtle that I totally thought was a tree branch until it moved and I jumped a mile high...




Isn't he cute?!  Ok, maybe "cute" isn't the operative term there, but aaawww, turtle!  They are SO slow, so I felt this deep connection with him (or maybe it's a her?  I didn't exactly check to find out, nor would I even know how to do so).

And...



Chowing down.  Which is something I need to do soon.  She's a beaut (no antlers, so that makes her a "her" right???  My knowledge of wildlife is clearly vast).

Here she is elongated...



Beautiful isn't she?  Look at those muscles and her awareness of what's around her even when eating.  Up the road there were a few more, but I'd already stopped for this little honey, so I just bypassed those.

It's amazing what this training has already done for me.  A mere couple of weeks ago, I would have been at some restaurant, spending money I don't have, on food I most definitely don't need.  I won't even share how much I ate, it's so embarrassing.  Today?  Oatmeal with flaxseed and a banana.  And as a little treat, a touch of honey.

4 miles down and done.  I feel great, so that's a blessing.  My legs have been sore for a week, so I feel like this will be an on-going thing :P.  Muscles are good!  I'll keep this up and who knows what will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment