Saturday, May 21, 2011

Back to Running

Yesterday, I ran for the first time in MONTHS.  I ran about a 14 minute mile, which, for my first day back into it, was solid.  Let me rephrase: I am a wogger.  I walk and jog.  I have NO need for speed.  I drive with a lead foot, but I am perfectly content and proud to do this race, future races, and past races to finish.  This challenge, for me, is not seeing "how well I can do".  This is not a "race" to me.  This is a challenge on my journey,  a path I must take to finding that balance in myself, so that I may live a healthier life.

And I have chosen a path where today my thighs are screaming.  Ohhhh yeah.  The inner thighs specifically.  Cool! Except I have my first training run in a bit, where they ascertain which pace group we'll be in.  I want to be like, can you stick me in the 14-min mile pace group???  I chaperoned prom last night and am EXHAUSTED.  How I made it awake... I simply do not know.  But I'm up.  I'm on this.  I will succeed in this challenge.

If you have anything to contribute to support this journey and challenge, please visit: http://www.active.com/donate/MCM_T2DC2011/MorganHogarth

No comments:

Post a Comment