Monday, May 30, 2011

Volunteer Day

Yesterday was a volunteer day with T2.  If I volunteer, I get $25 credit toward the $1,000 I have to raise.  I.e. I'm not just asking people for money, I'm getting out there and working for it.

I volunteered at the Georgetown site, which is along the C&O Canal.  I walked a mile and a half down the trail to be the turn around point for the pace run people.  I chilled out there and then realized... I will NEVER be a nature girl.  Ants kept climbing up my legs and I about peed my pants every single time.  Clearly, I switched sides of the track, which helped matters.

I had fun cheering on the people running and getting reinspired as to why I'm doing this.  Training with a team really is just a cool concept.

But... there was... again... wildlife.  Which I, of course, took pictures of.  I think I need a new small camera to carry with me as I go through this journey, since I'm enjoying every part of it.  It's not just about the running and the health aspect, but the getting out there and doing it.  I want to do what I can to share that with you.

I think this is an egret???
A family of geese!!!
Another family of geese!
 Baby goose!  Oh, so cute!
 Lots of baby geese!  So fluffy!  I had to be careful, because these suckers like to attack :P
 These really are interesting looking animals.  Standing at attention!
And last, but certainly not least... ME!!!
Ok, yeah, so the water is a little disgusting.  I personally think this makes me look even better ;).

Today is a cross-training day!  Onward and forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment