Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Updates!

I have been uber remiss in updating about training - my bad!!!  School started and teaching started and life is just crazy.  I'm still training, but health problems still run rampant.  The asthma remained difficult, including having to go on a steroid inhaler.  I have weird chest pains still that aren't necessarily heart problems, just annoying and something else to be dealt with.

At this rate, I have yet to be faster, which means my chances of actually finishing are zilch.  But I did what I set out to do - start training, stick with training, and get healthier.  I'll finish one someday - in fact, I'm considering doing either Honolulu next year December or Walt Disney World the January after.  It all depends on what job I have and when I can take a week in the location after the race (i.e. when can I get time off?).  Don't worry - I won't be harrassing anybody for money again!  This time I'll get myself to the race using my miles and pay for the hotel room using my points and and and, um, who knows.  I definitely want to finish one now, but I want one that doesn't need to be done at a pace I currently can't handle.

So that's that.  It's only a few weeks away!  This week is a 23 mile run... this could get interesting!

I'm starting a 90 challenge today.  More deets on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment