Friday, September 30, 2011

Total Life Changes

I have been sick for coming up on two weeks now (doctor appointment on Tuesday). What normally happens when I'm sick?
*Ice cream
*Pizza
*Eating out a whole lot
*No working out
*Sleep A LOT (even when I'm not actually tired)
Shall I go on??? Nah, I think you get the point.

What have I done?
*Eat better (although still overdoing on the Starbs, but I count it!!!)
*Worked out
*Didn't nap an inordinate amount

For instance, this morning. I was "supposed" to run 10 miles... yeah, right. I started hacking up crap at about half a mile in. Did I stop then? NOPE. Did four miles total. Hey, better than nothing! AND, I saw an ad for a 5K tonight yesterday. I was like, you know, I need something to do Friday night. Old Friday nights? Pizza. With Sprite. Maybe even some wings. Yup! All by myself! Tonight? Protein shake and a run. (Lunch will be my bigger meal with broccoli, a lil cheese for dairy, and some beans). Don't worry - I'll take it slow and take care of myself. But I'll be getting out there and doing it! That's what really counts.

Here I have been thinking I really haven't made all that many changes and that's why I haven't been particularly "successful". I don't know about y'all - but those changes right there sound pretty successful to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment