Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quickie Run

I haven't run in a few days, still needing to do my last weekend's training run tomorrow.  I expected it to not go very well, but I was pleasantly surprised!  I forgot my inhaler, so that made things not so fun, but all good now!

I started out strong, but of course, due to lack of proper breathing, didn't finish quite as strong.  I enjoyed it though.  I never have experienced that "runner's high", but with this run, I am confident I'll be able to keep up maintenance runs twice a week and longer runs on Saturday for a good long time beyond the marathon.

Regardless of whether I can finish the marathon or not (i.e. time limit), the bulk of this whole process was to stick to something for my physical health.  It was time to create some healthy habits and I think it's all finally starting to sink in.

I finally started strength training yesterday (again).  Another program to stick to!  It's a 12 week program and while I won't be following it religiously, it will still be good.  The first phase of the program calls for no cardio, in order to train up muscle endurance.  Clearly I can't follow that particular rule.  But once my mother leaves town and I have to get into some sort of routine with teaching and the like, I might also be following a modified version of the eating plan as well.

I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment